Online Enrollment Periods
Summer - 04/05/2021 - 06/30/2021
Those students not required to maintain health insurance can enroll themselves and their dependents.
Those students, required to maintain health insurance who have enrolled by electing coverage through the waiver link, then may enroll their dependents online.
Summer - 04/05/2021 - 06/18/2021
2020-2021 Academic Year
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center students in most academic programs are required to have Health Insurance that is Affordable Cares Act (ACA) compliant. There is a small group of programs that do not require insurance so make sure to check first if your program is on the list attached.
The University has established circumstances in which a student can request a waiver to the student health insurance plan by providing alternative health insurance coverage. In order to be approved for a waiver, your alternate health coverage must meet or exceed the requirements as set forth below and be submitted by your program’s waiver deadline (See Above).
Criteria to submit a waiver request:
- Student is covered by a U.S. employer health insurance plan, Marketplace plans (bronze, silver, gold, platinum plans) or Medicaid/Medicare plan that is compliant with the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Travel plans, short term plans, healthcare sharing plans or plans that require you to pay for treatment yourself and then apply for reimbursement will NOT be acceptable for waiving the Texas Tech University HSC Student Health Plan.
If you meet one of the above criteria, then your alternative health insurance coverage must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Medical coverage must be currently active.
- Medical coverage must be ACA Compliant
If your alternate coverage meets the above minimum requirements; acquire the following scanned documents to submit a waiver request:
- The front and back of your insurance card
Students With a Qualifying Life Event
Click the button below to Enroll in the 2020-2021 Medical Insurance if you meet the requirements of a Qualifying Event after 08/01/2020
Continuation of Coverage is only available to Insured Students and covered Dependents who have graduated or are no longer eligible for coverage under the TTUHSC Student Health Insurance Plan. Covered students must have been insured for at least three (3) continuous months before coverage terminated under the Prior and/or Current Plan.
HOW TO FIND THE PLAN PRESCRIPTION DRUG FORMULARY GUIDE
- Choose the plan year: 2020
- Choose a plan: Value Plus Plans
- Click Continue